BY Chloe Nicholls - May 22, 2018
Last week we hosted a week long programme of activities in the office to encourage awareness of workplace stress and mental health as part of Mental Health Awareness Week.
Our content director Ros Hill wrote a post about the importance of mental health in the workplace and employee wellbeing.
Why focus on mental health?
- It affects all of us; 1 in 4 people experience a mental health issue in their lifetime
- There is still stigma despite the excellent progress made in recent years and the more open conversations that we have all been having
- Stress can have a significant impact on mental health – feeling overwhelmed can lead to anxiety and depression, and even self-harm
- Stress can also result in other health problems, such as heart disease, insomnia, and a poorly-functioning immune system
- Work is an important factor when it comes to stress and mental health – the average person spends 90,000 hours in work over their lifetime
- As a business we have a duty of care to ensure everyone is healthy and happy at work
Highlights from the week
To encourage awareness of workplace stress and mental health issues we hosted a week of activities in the office. We ended the week by coming together as a company to workshop some ways to explore mental health and how we can encourage our teams to manage stress in the workplace.
- Anti-Stress Kit with a gift voucher to spend at The Hive, our local independent cafe
- De-Stress Board where we shared tips & hints
- No Email Day to encourage our colleagues to talk to each other and reduce email notifications
- Walking tour around Ravenscourt Park led by our CEO
- Mindfulness Massage from Xhilarate Office Massage
- Plus activities hosted by Blenheim Chalcot our venture builder including, Stress Less Monday talk from Dan Cobley, Money Moments with Salary Finance, Charity Bike Challenge, yoga and more!
Content across our media brands
In addition to our wellness programme, our editorial team also covered mental health issues to raise awareness across our professional accounting, finance and HR communities.
If you’d like to learn more about working at Contentive, then take a look at our careers page or get in touch via email@example.com.